Monday, October 15, 2007

First Word?

Greetings all. This is Steve. You may notice the question mark at the end of this post's title. I always thought that something as momentous as my child's first word would be a special, defining moment- one that I'd never forget. And yet, Sandy and I are finding that we can't even quite decide IF he has uttered his first word, let alone WHEN it was. For example, if one were to hear Bryson say "GOO GOO GA BAH BAH DA DA DADA BAH!" what would one think? Did Bryson just say "Daddy?" If you say "yes," then that kind of opens the floodgates. Why not argue that he also said "Moo goo gai pan" or "Ba ba black sheep?" You see, it's just not terribly clear.

Well, I'm going on record as saying that I think Bryson HAS spoken his first word, and I offer this video as evidence. Watch it and decide for yourself!


2 comments:

Dana said...

I agree with you Steve

Unknown said...

I agree with you Steve - it totally WAS da da. My first word was also da da :)