Thursday, June 7, 2007

All Grows Up

We're getting all kinds of crazy over here. In the past day, Bry has managed to roll from his back to his tummy for the first time (not counting the hundred times I've given him a little shove to "get him started"). We know this because at 2 am, a burst of crying erupted from the nursery. This is out of character for the little man, who has been in the habit of waking up anywhere from 4 am to 6:30 am (guess which end of that range we tend to like better). Being the attentive father that he is, Steve cruised across the hall to find Bry doing a face plant in the crib. Given that we always put him to sleep on his back, the logical deduction here is that Bry has learned to roll over. He must have woken up and freaked himself out upon finding himself prone, rather than supine (bustin' out the SAT vocabulary, peeps).

As if his newfound rolly skills weren't enough, this morning at his playgroup, Bry also had his first unassisted bout of sitting up. Up until today, he was all about bending forward until he was folded in half in some funky yoga pose whenever we tried to sit him up. But this morning, he started casually resting his hand on my leg to balance himself and then was all, "I think I'll sit up on my own now, mother." I'm pretty sure he's on his way to college next week.

Steady...

You ain't got nothing on me, gravity. Also, dig my baby-pattern baldness.

Just before he face planted onto my knee.

All the action must have worn him out, because he was in bed and fast asleep by 6:20 this evening. That probably doesn't bode well for him sleeping until the sun is up.

Sleeping baby pose.

1 comment:

Missy said...

Wow, the time sure flies!! Sitting up already? Big boy!!