Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Archival

Every now and then, Steve and I will reflect on just how much Bry has grown and changed since he's been born. Ever since I was told that the paper on which ultrasound scans are taken tends to degrade over time, I've been meaning to scan and upload them. Of course, I've also been meaning to learn how to knit and to clean out my office, but have lacked the proper motivation to get a move on those goals. Recently I've been trying to study for my written prelim exams - which pretty much determine whether I get to continue as a doctoral student - in between chasing Bry around and going to work. It took 9 months, but avoiding studying has provided just the level of procrastination needed to get some of those ultrasound pictures scanned:

That's a head in profile, in case you were wondering.

He's already looking more buff than his daddy.

I've decided to spare Bry the later humiliation of posting the scan that was helpfully labeled "boy" by the ultrasound tech. I also seem to have temporarily misplaced the very first view of Bry that Steve and I were treated to - the one that earned him the nickname "Skeletor" for the remainder of my pregnancy.

It's hard to believe that that 14 cm long blobby thing has morphed into this:

Go biology!


No comments: