Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Baby, It's Cold Outside

Brrrr!

The temperature was 5 degrees Fahrenheit with wind chills to -14 degrees this morning when I trundled Bry out to the car for the ride to daycare. He refuses to wear mittens thus far because they cover his HANDS! that he needs for PLAYING! So I threw a blanket over his head and hoped for the best. Too bad no one makes an infant car seat warmer. So Bry can travel in style with toasty buns.

I'm not sure that I'm ready for the Minnesota winter to begin in earnest. I was lamenting to Steve recently that I miss summer when dressing Bryson consisted of pulling a romper over his head and leaving him barefoot. And at that time he was mostly content to sit still while we dressed him. Now there's the t-shirt or onesie, pants, sweater, socks, shoes, hat, coat, etc., not to mention the extra challenge of placing all of these items on a force of nature who can't be troubled to slow down enough to comply with the act of getting dressed. I imagine Bry's internal dialogue while we're trying to dress him goes something like this: "You want me to wear socks and shoes so my toes don't get frostbitten? I laugh at your frostbite. I can stay warm through the sheer power of kinetic energy alone. Now I must go pull all of those books out of that basket over there. STAT!"

At least he's still in diapers and we don't have to worry about the inevitable, cross-legged cries of, "I have to GO!" after we've layered the kid up with more winter insulation than a yeti has fur. (Work with me on that one.) Parenthood - it just keeps getting harder, huh?

No comments: