Monday, November 26, 2007

Why Have You Not Introduced Me to Turkey Before?

Bry had a spectacular Thanksgiving at Grandpa and Grandma E's house. In between getting a new tooth, and not wanting to sleep very much he discovered the joys of turkey and cranberry mousse, both of which got an enthusiastic high chair tray pounding and a wide open mouth for more. He also learned about the existence of mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing, and a bite or two of jello. All of which earned a "Yes, more please" response. I'm not sure we'll be able to go back to his usual pureed peas and yogurt without protest.

Two minutes before Bry pulled the tablecloth off the table.
OK, not really.
But that would have been funny, no?
After the tragedy had died down.

Thanksgiving buffet.

Me likes turkey!

Bry was also introduced to Thanksgiving day football (the TV is in the distance):

Is my fantasy team winning?

And a toothbrush (I know, bad parents for not brushing his teeth sooner!):

Am I opening wide enough?

We all thought that Bry would be walking before the weekend was out, but he contented himself with doing about 900 laps around the coffee table. He would stand unassisted for long periods, but seemed determined not to take more than a step before crumpling to his knees and crawling off wherever he wanted to go. When we cheered at him to walk he gave us a withering look as if to say, "People, I've figured out the most efficient way to get around, and let me tell you, it ain't walking on my own. Why would I do such a silly thing when I've got you to ferry me about?"

Can't you go any faster, mama?

No comments: