Thursday, November 8, 2007

Oh No She Di'int

A brief hiatus from the chronicling of Bry's life to bring you this:

The scene: A salon; me meeting with a new stylist for a haircut.

The action: The stylist asks what I'd like. She washes my hair. We chatter about Bryson, grad school, and Minnesota winters as she snips away. She finishes up and dries my hair. As she's demonstrating options for different ways to style my new cut, she casually drops this bomb: "And you could kind of piece this out here, you know, for a younger, fun look." I nodded while gasping inwardly. I didn't know I was in need of a younger look. I don't feel quite ready for the mom jeans, but apparently I now officially have mom hair.

2 comments:

Missy said...

Hey! Who is she calling old!?!?!? How rude!

(those young whippersnappers these days have no manners!) ;)

Unknown said...

Um, have you been called "m'am" yet by someone who you KNOW is only 4 or 5 years younger than you? You don't even KNOW what pain is until you've been called m'am. The only times I get called Miss anymore are at school, and that's only because the kids HAVE TO! :(