Thursday, February 7, 2008

I'll Take It

Well, last night wasn't exactly a repeat of the glorious 12-hour stretch of sleep that Bry accomplished two nights ago. But he did manage to sleep from 7:30 pm to just past 6 am. And once again, our alarm woke us up just before Bry started chirping in the next room. I'm blaming Steve for the 10 minutes of lost sleep, since he was the one who set the alarm. Again. I suppose he might argue that we would have overslept had Bry pulled off another miraculous 6:45 am wake-up time. What he doesn't remember is that my internal alarm clock seems to be permanently set to 4:00 am, and then 4:30 am, 5:00 am, etc., even if Bry is still sleeping. Not fair. Steve must also forget that I poke him promptly at 6:00 am, and every 5-10 minutes thereafter until he finally rolls out of bed. Why do I get to poke him and force him out of bed first? Because I've been up and nursing since 4:30 am, or just up, thinking, "Why does Steve breathe so loudly?" That's why.

1 comment:

Missy said...

Hey, could you come over and teach my kids to sleep like that?

Missy (who has been up since 4:15 am)