Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Trap

Steve here. Let's be honest- when it comes to posting blog entries, my dear wife has left me in the dust. What can I say? She takes awesome pictures and is a phenomenal writer. I just can't compete. Well, unbeknownst to all of you readers out there who have secretly (and not so secretly) been calling me a slacker, I have carved out my own little niche in the blogger market: It's a video of Bryson's first year.

Now I know what you're thinking. We've all been there, right? You get a dinner invitation from some friends and halfway through the second course, you realize that the invitation was a trap. The guy (it's always the male, isn't it?) says, "Hey! You gotta see our video from ______." Next thing you know you're stuck in a chair watching an hour and a half of shaky, nausea-inducing, first person footage of someone walking down some nondescript street, which happens to be completely devoid of anything even remotely interesting. Well, my goal was NOT to produce that kind of video. So I've been sifting through all the hours and hours of footage we have, trying to put together something people would actually enjoy watching. So, if you've read this far, consider yourself trapped. "You gotta see my video!" Watch Bryson grow up in under 4 minutes. I hope you enjoy it.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice work. It's too bad you just missed the Sundance Film Festival.

John said...

...but on the other hand the oscars are just coming up--- Good Job!!!

Unknown said...

awesome. So much better than a boring ol' slide show :)

David said...

Great video! I love the behind the camera "ooh" and "aah"ing commentary by Steve. Top notch!

Dana said...

Sweet video Steve! :)

Sue said...

Yeh! We were finally able to watch the video in Hong Kong. It was definitely worth the wait. Great job. Now we are anxiously awaiting the sequel. Bry 2?