Thursday, February 28, 2008

What's New?

Mama has gone back into "real writing" mode, aka, trying to get some work done so maybe she can graduate one of these days. Ergo, blog posting has been light. Also, Bry hasn't done anything exciting for at least the past week. Nada.

I could write about him sorting three kinds of blocks into three different bins, or the fact that he pitches in with clean-up before his bath. But that's not very exciting.

I could write about the way he signs "outside" whenever he sees a picture of a bird or how he can point to different objects in picture books when you ask, "Where's the car, Bry?" or "Where's the fish, Bry?" or "Where are the bananas, Bry?" But that's not very exciting.

Maybe I could write about Steve teaching Bry to take turns (or so he says) by having Bry send his spider and Bry Bry Jr. (Bry's doll) down the slide. But that's not very exciting.

Perhaps a discussion of Bry's newest developmental feat - tantrums - is warranted. But at the moment, I'm not so interested in documenting the beastiness that Bry sometimes displays when frustrated or angry. And I wouldn't put it in the category of exciting.

I guess I could write about the fact that Bry's been up three times a night for the past few nights (thanks, new teeth!). But that's definitely not exciting.

I know, I know, raising a child isn't just about the exciting stuff. But I'd be lying if I denied that Steve and I talk about most of the above in a very excited manner (tantrums and teeth excepted). Because we're parents and that's our job. It's a good job. Long hours, though.

No comments: